Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wheatgrass, Parsley, Kelp: Butter & Herbs Pasta

My little girl and I love butter. Luckily for her, she is blessed with extremely high metabolism. Me, not so blessed. -wink-

Here's a recipe for a butter & herbs pasta I like to whip up for her. Extremely nutritious, amazing immune booster and guilt free. Adults friendly too.

Done in less than 10 mins and super nutritious. 50% of the calories of a young child should be derived from carbohydrates. 

Ingredients:
Organic pasta
Butter - I don't use organic but I always make sure it is from Australia
Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (VCO)
Organic wheatgrass - finely chopped
English Parsley - finely chopped
Chia seeds - a dash
Organic white sesame - a dash
Organic Kelp - for taste (Kelp is a seaplant whose benefits are numerous and include thyroid health, increased immunity, weight loss, iron and mineral supplementation and cancer prevention)
Avocado - mashed and added for a creamy sauce

Instructions:
1. Boil organic pasta in a separate pot for slightly less than the required time. I tend to skip salting.
2. Melt butter, add VCO
3. Add the wheatgrass and English parsley. Try not to overcook these as they get bitter.
4. Add in pasta and avocado. Stir thoroughly
5. Add a dash of kelp for taste
6. Remove from heat, add chia seeds and white sesame before serving. I have been introducing glass and ceramic crockery to my three year old because I think it is time she learns to handle fragile items.


Wheatgrass, English Parsley & Kelp: Guilt-free Butter & Herbs Pasta


No comments:

Post a Comment