It has been incredibly busy recently, hence for the lack of updates. Obviously, busy or not, duties as a mother continue. The dishes I have been preparing had to be more efficient.
Here is a super quick and nutritious meal I whipped up for the family last night.
Prep time: 10 mins, 5 mins before cooking and 5 mins there after.
Cook time: 12 mins
-fresh cod fillet
-extra virgin olive oil
-fresh English parsley
-fresh lemon thyme
-Broccoli Sprout powder
1. Dice up a head of garlic, pinch of sea salt, rosemary, English parsley and lemon thyme. Add these to olive oil to infuse and coat the cod.
2. Steam the cod, with spinach with the infused oil and its herbs.
3. Boil pasta simultaneously for 10 mins.
4. When pasta is cooked, drain the water. Add in a dollop of butter. My daughter and I love love love butter, hence why we go through copious amount of butter in the house. Stir in steamed spinach and the gravy from the cod (2).
5. Sprinkle on Chia seeds and Broccoli Sprout powder from the Super Sprout series. I prefer to serve cod on the side.
The beauty of this quick dish is that I was busy with the kids half the time it was cooking on his own. This was served to the entire family, including my almost 4 year old and 10 month old baby (salt was omitted for the baby).