Saturday, June 28, 2014

Baby Friendly Complete Nutrition Fish n Chips

This dish is a little tedious than my usual dishes.

It was London theme day on school and I was going to make fish n chips. I was thinking about how I could work in the vegetables when I decided to switch to fishcake instead. It was convenient since my 10 months old baby was going through a phase of self feeding finger food. This fishcake is baby friendly if your baby would gnaw and chew on his food.

Here goes. London inspired fish(cake) and (sweet potato mini) chips.

Prep time: 10 mins
Steam time: 15 mins
Bake time: 20 mins (if you bake together.  I was cooking in big batches and had to do twice)

1. Steam lemon sole, sweet corn, potato and purple cabbage.
2.Mash above ingredients together, add corn starch to bind and coat with a layer of bread crumbs. Bake at 175 degrees Celsius for 15 mins, or till crunchy and golden.
4. Shred sweet potato to desired. In my case today, these are closer to flakes. Add extra Virginia olive oil,  a dash of paprika, toss and bake at 170 degrees for 20 mins.

This dish was well received by both babies and the older kids. So the extra effort is worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment